Defense Logistics Agency Aviation
DLA Aviation is the aviation demand and supply manager for Defense Logistics Agency with more than 3,500 civilian and military personnel in 18 locations across the United States supporting more than 1,900 weapon systems. In 2010, the name of the aviation supply and demand chain changed from Defense Supply Center Richmond to DLA Aviation – better representing the supply chain’s core mission. DLA Aviation is “The Power Source behind the Force.” As such, we strive to deliver excellence in performance, and responsiveness in support of our worldwide customer network.
Defense Logistics Agency Distribution
DLA Distribution is the leading provider of global distribution support to America’s military and other federal agencies and it is comprised of more than 10,000 military and civilian employees. Located in 9 countries and 17 states and territories, we deliver best-value supply chain solutions, including receiving, storing and issuing supplies to increase warfighter readiness. DLA Distribution’s tailored logistics support packages allow flexibility and cost-effective options aimed at exceeding performance standards while maintaining audit readiness.
DLA Distribution Mission:
Global distribution service provider for the Department of Defense (DoD) and valued customers As a DLA primary level field activity (PLFA), DLA Distribution is the leading provider of global distribution support to America’s military including receiving, storing and issuing supplies as well as providing other tailored services to increase warfighter readiness. DLA Distribution offers best value supply chain solutions through a broad range of services including storage, distribution, customized kitting, specialized packaging as well as transportation support and technology development. We are connected directly with our operational and industrial partners and integral to the success of our National Military Strategy. Highly skilled employees provide timely distribution services to customers around the globe. In FY 15, DLA Distribution has processed over 13.8 million receipts and issues supporting customer operations worldwide, including support to combat operations, humanitarian assistance missions, whole of government (WoG) partners and a multitude of military exercises.
DLA Distribution’s Vision:
• Delivering the right solution on time, every time
DLA Distribution’s Values:
• Integrity: Honest and trustworthy, we follow through on what we promise.
• Resiliency and Diversity: Flexible, responsive, recoverable, and able to quickly adapt to changing business environments while achieving outstanding results. Composed of people from varied backgrounds. We celebrate and leverage our differences to deliver innovative and effective outcomes.
• Innovation: We pioneer new ideas, devices, and methods. Working with each other, customers, and stakeholders to provide solutions that are unique and creative.
• Accountability: Obligated and willing to accept responsibility. We are accountable to DoD and our customers, just as our workforce is accountable to the DLA mission to provide effective and efficient global solutions to Warfighters and our other valued customers. • Excellence: Extremely high quality. We take pride in providing first-class solutions on time, every time.